Welcome to my blog about, at least mostly, games. Here you can find reviews, impressions, pictures and things that I think are interesting enough to write about. If you want me to speak up on something, then write it to me. Want to discuss something in a post then write it in the comments. Hope it will be good reading for you.

fredag 11 februari 2011

iPhone for the handheld win

I mentioned in my 2011 post that iPhone and the app-market will be a big thing in 2011. There actually is a good reason behind this. We got games, really cheap, and easily accessible. But it's not the big games that sells, it's the games you van pick up at any time and play for maybe ten minutes, and then put down again, like Angry Birds, Doodle Jump or Cut the Rope. Great games you can spend hours in front of too, but you could play a short time as well.

The other thing
I like about it is what a great platform it is for the independent game developer. This is the year when many young boys and girls gets there dream of being a game developer realized. The indie-game genre is on the rising, where you can earn millions in the matter of months, like Markus "Notch" Persson, creator of Minecraft. And it's to a great part the iPhone and Android-market that will spawn the game developers of tomorrow. If you ask a person in 8th grade if he/she knows about Halo, maybe 50 % will say yes. If you ask how many knows about Robot Unicorn Attack, I'd say nearly all of them have. There we have it.

I look forward t
o what will happen to the platform. It also raises the question, how well will the 3DS sell when the games are so much cheaper for the iPhone and Android-Phones? Reggie Fils-Aime expressed his concerns of this, but I don't think he needs to worry, people will buy 3DS and the games. I'm more worried for the NGP. For the indie-games, I see nothing but a bright future.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar