Welcome to my blog about, at least mostly, games. Here you can find reviews, impressions, pictures and things that I think are interesting enough to write about. If you want me to speak up on something, then write it to me. Want to discuss something in a post then write it in the comments. Hope it will be good reading for you.

tisdag 20 mars 2012

Catherine - thoughts

So I bought and played Catherine a while back and frankly, I love it about as much as I hoped that I would. For you who don't know what the game is about it's the story of Vincent and his girlfriend Katherine who are starting to get serious, but Vincent feels the pressure of growing up and feel them moving too fast. One way to drunk night and he ends up in bed with the beautiful and easy going Catherine. At the same time he starts getting weird nightmares where he moves blocks to climb up and escape whatever's hunting him. This is the part of the games that you actually play, the rest of the game is interacting with friends and dealing with the fact that you just cheated on your girlfriend. The story and script is done perfectly, and the moral dilemmas of cheating is done so good it's really scary at times.

The problem is two, and is quite common when it come to Atlus' games. One is the fact that the game, even on normal, is really hard. Too hard actually, there is a stage I can't get through, and it's frustrating. But still, when you do get through a stage you feel you've spent hours on, it's rewarding.

But the big problem, as usual, it that the game itself is not that fun, or at least not as fun as the things you do when you're not in the nightmare stages. And when those stages are as difficult as they are, it becomes a real problem. I'll hope to finish it as soon as I can, but at the time, I just don't have the drive. Maybe after I'm done with Mass Effect 3. But I still love this game, and I highly recommend if for anyone who want a more grown up game, just, play it on easy if you don't like to get frustrated.

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar