Welcome to my blog about, at least mostly, games. Here you can find reviews, impressions, pictures and things that I think are interesting enough to write about. If you want me to speak up on something, then write it to me. Want to discuss something in a post then write it in the comments. Hope it will be good reading for you.

tisdag 18 december 2012

WiiU Thoughts

November 30th, that was the day that I stood outside my not so local (had to drive 50 km) Gamestop to pick up my since long ordered WiiU. I was about half an hour early and first in line, although only two more would come before the manager opened for us, 15 minutes early. I bought it together with Nintendoland and New Super Mario Bros. U. And than I had to work the entiee weekend so I dd not get to sit down with my WiiU properly until monday, the 3rd. And I've been playing it on and off since. So what do I think of it?

Well first off, what is good about it? Well, I can honestly say that I love the console itself. I love the HD-graphics, I love the way it looks, I love the menues. I haven't gotten to try the online functions just yet but youtube works nice...

I love the controller. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be, but that is of no concern, you ger used to it pretty quickly. But it's inovation at its finest, it will be really interesting to see what will do with it.

This is best shown in Nintendoland. It is what Wii Sports was for the Wii, it shows perfectly what the controller is capable of, and does it in a really fun manner. I took my WiiU with me to my teens at church and they had a great time with Nintendoland, even the people who normaly doesn't play video games at all. This shows me how Nintendo once again manages to make gaming mainstream.

So what about us hardcore gamers, we who in manies opinion where left out by Nintendo, previous generation. And here's somethig to be glad for, because since the specs of the WiiU is much closer to the 360 and the PS3 (and probably better) many of the games released on those platforms are also being released on the Wii U, many even say that most of them are better on the Wii U, though some games say the opposit, unfortunatly.

But that brings me to my first concern. Becaue even though they are on equal ground at the moment, the next generation consoles of Sony and Microsoft is at most only two years away. Then they will swoop in with their monsters and Nintendo will once again be reduced to doing awesome first-party game with little to no third-party support. I would have wished that the WiiU were a lot stronger, but still, at the moment they are at the peak of it.

Two years is better that none, the problem with WiiU is in the other end this time, the excusive titles. While Nintendoland is a great game, it is best played Toghter with others, preferly five people. New Super Mario Bros. U is the game that combines great multiplayer fun with intense singleplayer gaming. And it's still sort of the exact same game as the other three in the series. Don't get me wrong, that's not necessarily a bad thing, it's only a safe thing. New Super Mario Bros. U is a great game. It's just not an amazing game, the kind of game we've come to expect from Nintendo, and most of all Mario.

The only other game that kind of interest me is ZombiU, and from what ive heard it's a good game but not much more. The problem that Nintendo is facing now is that there does not seem to be any amazing games on the horizon for the WiiU either. I mean sure, I look forward to LEGO City Undercover, Pikmin 3, Bayonetta 2 and most of all Rayman Legends, but do I think they will be amazing games, no. Well maybe Rayman, but otherwise no. I think we will have to wait until we find out what Retro Studios has been up to, to get out first really amazing game for the WiiU.

With that said, I love my WiiU, for two reasons, one universal and one just for me and some other people. Because, I never owned a Wii, and bam, I suddenly got a whole library of AMAZING Wii-games, that I have yet to play. In this regard, WiiU might be the best buy for me this entire year. The other, there will be good games. I look at the history of Nintendo consoles and I see amazing games everywhere, some of my favourites, on every console Nintendo has ever produced, so I don't think we have to wait too long for games we can all enjoy, for the WiiU.

With that said, I say goodbye, I have some self-torture to do... I so hate you Final Fantast XIII...

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar